NOTE: Please send your certificates/certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org after applying here.
We are hiring grit/sandblasting technicians to support a maintenance project.
- Strip various surfaces of dirt, rust, paint, and grease to prepare for refinishing and repair using pneumatic, electrical, or mechanical equipment.
- Use abrasive blasting equipment to strip surfaces, removing sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt to specified finish.
- Cover and protect surfaces not being stripped.
- Add abrasives, such as sand, grit, into blast machine.
- Control valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle or into tumbling barrel.
- Use equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive-laden compressed air, gas, or liquid over surface of parts.
- Manually direct nozzle over surface of large parts or inserts arms through glove-fitted cabinet openings and manipulates small parts under nozzle.
- Examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Comply with applicable safety regulations and best practice
- Assist with training of new hires.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior workers.
- Thorough understanding of required equipment.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Minimum 5 years experience required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Job Category: Sandblasting Technician
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Delta State